Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hey, Julie?

College brings a lot of feelings. Many of us are nervous to have to meet all new people, some are purely excited for the opportunity to completely reinvent ourselves, most of us are sad to leave our old friends. I know that I'm going to miss my best friend Anna more than anything. Who else is going to tell me I can't actually pull off those overalls? Who's going to to skip lame school dances in order to make paella? Who do I know that can get away with wearing maroon soccer shorts every day? Actually, no one...but Anna seems to think she can. So what am I going to do 500 miles away? How am I going to answer those pressing questions--why in the world did you buy a ukulele? Seriously, I thought we've been through this, do you really think you can bend over in those overalls? What should I make as a side dish for kabobs? Well, I'll just have to blog it! Cyber-send over those questions, Anna! 

2 comments:

  1. This is gonna be fun. I'm so thrilled that you made it Julie!!! Now I know you haven't left yet, but I thought I'd throw this your way. Just for starters, I found this pair of soft green pants at the Village. Lighter than Kelly green, but darker than sea foam green. Now, I normally don't wear green pants, but I read this Dr. Seuss story about a pair of green pants with no one inside. So that made me want to wear them. Plus they were $2, and they're from the Gap. Have any advice? This is a major fork in my road. Help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. There is nothing like a tactful, kind, sensitive, gracioius response to comfort you when you encounter a painful life crisis. Sorry it's been so long since I posted anything. I've been busy recovering from the depression I slipped into. A result of reading your biting response. Now that I've mustered up enough forgiveness, I am able to return to the blog. I am planning on having an authentic taco night. What should I put in these tacos of mine? I want them to be nothing but the best, as is our culinary tradition. I am thinking rice with a hint of lime, black beans, seasoned chicken perhaps? And some fresh vegetables sautaed to perfection. Any advice on this undertaking? It can't be all bad because I also plan on making the apple crisp.

    ReplyDelete